Morning Roundtable Session – How To Run Facebook Ads On A Budget
When it comes to Facebook Ads, the first thing you want to do is think about your goals. Most of your goals can likely be defined using the TEAM method:
- Traffic (Website)
Organic reach on Facebook is negligible for brand pages and Facebook is pay-to-play platform.
The good news is you don’t need to have massive budgets to get results on Facebook. Here are some top tips on how to get great results on Facebook Ads on a budget.
- Dollar A Day Like Campaign – You can advertise on Facebook for as little as $1 per day. Invest $1 per day in doing a Like campaign for your brand/company/blog page. Target your ideal audience based on interest, demographics, and behavior. For example, if you have a health and fitness website you can target people who have an interest in running, working out, triathlons, marathons, ultra marathons, etc. Tip: Look at your audience in Google Analytics or Facebook Insights to help you with targeting. Total Investment: $30 a month
- Boost Posts – Whenever you post on Facebook, allocate a budget towards boosting posts. If you are posting content that links back to your website or ecommerce store, boost it for $5, $10, $15 for a period of 7 days.. Ideas to Target: People who like your page and their friends, Interest Based Targeting. If you find a target that works well, continue to boost that post for a longer period of time to continue to drive traffic to your website.
- Facebook Pixel- Install the Facebook Pixel on your website. Even if you don’t plan to run ads yet, the pixel will collect data on your website visitors that you can use for retargeting at a later time
- Go Here to Grab The Code: https://www.facebook.com/business/learn/facebook-ads-pixel.
- Install the Facebook Pixel Helper for Google Chrome
- Build Custom Audiences – This is your secret weapon when it comes to running Facebook Ads on a budget. By building out Custom Audiences you are reaching people who already have a relationship with you and your brand elsewhere (Instagram, your website, email) and you are bringing them back into Facebook. Here are 11 Custom Audiences you can build out in your asset library immediately after today’s session:
- Website Traffic – People who visited your website within the past 180 days
- Website Traffic – People who visited a specific page
- Instagram Business Profile – Everyone who engaged with your business in the past 365 days
- Facebook Page – People who engaged with your page
- Facebook Page – People who visited your page
- Video – People who viewed at least 3 seconds of your video
- Video – People who watched at least 50% of your video
- Video – People who watched at least 75% of your video
- Video – People who watched at least 95% of your video
- Events – People who have interacted with your events on Facebook
- Customer File – Import from Mailchimp
- Build Lookalike Audiences – Once you have built a sizable audience on your page, you can then use these audiences to build lookalike audiences. These audiences are a way to reach new people who might be interested in your business because they are similar to your best existing audience. You can use the audience size tool to determine the percentage of your audience.
- Manage multiple pages and ad accounts? Use Facebook Business Manager.
- Switch to an Instagram Business Profile
- Create video (both live video and produced pieces but especially live video) and build custom audiences to those who are highly engaged with your content
- Double Dip. After you boost a post, invite all of those people to like your page