Social Media Bootcamp @ General Assembly DTLA
About This Class
This bootcamp introduces students to the current social media landscape and explores how it can be used for maximum results (for brands as well as agencies). Participants will leave with a detailed understanding of both the current social media landscape and how to evaluate which tools or social platforms are the best fit for their organization’s strategic goals.
Topics to be covered will include: an overview of social media platforms, current social media trends and their implications, how to tailor social media tools to your existing business strategies and social media tools for monitoring and ROI. Platforms of focus will be Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Video/Real-Time Content (Instagram Stories, Snapchat, Live Video).
Case studies and tactics will be presented throughout the session and participants will gain hands on knowledge through breakout sessions.
“Lindsay’s social media class is well constructed for the beginner to learn the basics and for intermediate skill level, she shares plenty of tips and hacks.” – Josh Black
“After taking the class, I feel like my pursuit on social media platforms now has some meat to go along with the potatoes I have been serving to an empty dinner table. After implementing strategies from the course, I am seeing minor improvements in just a few days!” -Jessica Kellogg
“I learned a great deal from Lindsay- I no longer feel like a social beginner or intimidated by social media.” -Kitt Pomidoro
- Understand what types of social media platforms are available and how they are used
- Look at case studies on effective use of social media
- Learn best practices on how to engage people
- Look at monitoring, research and engagement tools available to marketers and brands
- Learn to evaluate social standing of a brand
- Engage users via social platforms
- Examine social media engagement strategies
- Learn tools and techniques to measure effectiveness and ROI
- Measure effectiveness using paid and free tools
This workshop is for beginners. Please bring your laptop with you to class if you have one, and your social media login information. We will be working on our accounts through various exercises during class.